Binary file attachments to DMPs could be enabled. Those attachments are of two types:
- Generated by the app (e.g. json, pdf, xml, docx).
- Uploaded by the user.
- Ability to upload binaries should be configurable at template level and installation level.
- The mime types of uploads could be limited by the template.
- Uploads could also have attributes (e.g. semantics of each upload).
This would allow:
- Uploading previous or otherwise produced DMPs.
- Uploading of datasets (!)
- All files should be virus checked.
- The storage pressure may become considerable.
- Quota's for uploads could be applied (on which basis ?)
- External "binaries" repos should be supported under various policies and files with specific semantics may be moved there.
- What about metadata on files ?